Thursday, August 30, 2012

Learning new skills

So I decided to make a brooch.  The lampworked bead has been flat lapped and riveted with copper tubing to the sterling back.  I textured the sterling sheet with a hammer whose face has been altered to provide a linen like texture on the metal. I added faux brass rivets.

I also decided to make my own pin back findings instead of using purchased components. And I fused fine silver components onto the Argentium silver.

I'm fairly happy with the outcome.  I would do a few things differently the next time.  My finishing technique needs to improve.  But overall I'm happy with my new brooch.

I just purchased a new scarf for fall and it looks great on it!


My Art and My Soul said...

I love this brooch. You will have to show me how to make the pin because I do not like the purchased ones. We'll have a show and tell when I get back to Green Valley:O)

Louise Little said...

am looking forward to your return. I have been looking at the backs of pins wherever I go. People think i am crazy!