Sunday, August 5, 2012

Doing Shows

I have done lots of shows in the past.  And I love doing them as I can really connect with my customers.  I love watching to see what catches someone's eye.  I have done bead shows and outdoor fine art shows.  The bead shows have been easy.  They are usually inside and a table is provided so all I have to do is bring display items to fit on a 6 or 8 foot table.  Outdoor shows are harder.  You have to have a tent; more specifically you have to put up a tent and hope it doesn't blow away.  And you have to bring your own display cabinets, walls, tables, or whatever to show off your wares.  And you have to hope that the weather gods are kind.  I haven't done an outsoor show in several years.

Tucson is lucky to have a wonderful organization call SAACA.  The Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance is a nonprofit organization supporting, creating and promoting Arts and Culture in Southern Arizona for over 15 years.  They sponser some fine arts shows - which happen to be indoors in some very nice venues.  I was juried into the show that is upcoming August 18th and 19th at the Loew's Ventana Canyon Resort.   And for the past few months I have been preparing for this show and a second show later this year.

The first thing I decided was that I needed to upscale my display cabinets.  I didn't think that a table on risers with a table cover ideally portrayed my "brand".  So I started to research options.  Stay tuned and I will elaborate on my research and final purchase.

No comments: