Friday, January 27, 2012

More To-do.. Priorities

So if you have read my previous posts you know I am in an organizational frenzy particularly my to-do list.
So I’m still using outlook for the everyday personal tasks that need to get done.  But I purged all of the note like to-dos and put them in Evernote.  (Which I continue to love and blogged about last week)  But I still needed something to help me with my artistic projects.  It wasn’t enough to just have a to-do that said “make a necklace to enter into the ISGB show”.   That item was a project with lots of specific tasks, and I needed a way to break down the project to manage each task until completion.  Also I never work on just one project, so I had to find a way to track several at once.  So… if all else fails ask a friend.  And my friend Mickey recommended the app “Priorities”. 
I downloaded Priorities to my iPad and my iPhone (and they will automatically sync).  I haven’t looked for a PC or MAC version, but I don’t feel I need one right now.  What I instantly liked about it was its simplicity.  Priorities uses “pages”; and you can create different pages for different aspects of your life.  My first page I named “Desert Bloom” for my business projects.  Then I could create the priorities which for me were the projects.  And under each project you can have nested priorities which for me were the individual tasks to get the project done.  You can place all sorts of reminders and alarms.  And everyday I could look and see all the priorities for all the projects that had to get done on that day.
I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and it has really kept me on track. You need to plan out the project and think through what needs to get done and then list everything and assign it a date, but then it really works to get you where you want to be.   I am setting up for the Tucson Gem and Jewelry shows tomorrow and am happy that I completed everything I wanted to.  First time I went off to a show feeling this good.  I you are in Tucson stop by and say hello.

No comments: