Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 2 Class at Bead and Button


Worry Ring taught by Donna Penoyer
I like to take classes at Bead and Button for professional development. I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my skills and to become a better artist; and I love to take classes. You not only learn from the teacher, but you meet and learn from a variety of other students. In these hard economic times it's sometimes hard to justify the money to travel for a class, but I think it's important to add professional development to your todo list. If you can't afford to attend a class there are loads of books and magazine articles to challenge you in a new skill.
I have been working in metal clay now for awhile and rings always gave me fits. Donna showed us a wonderful way to create a seam in a ring that virtually disappears yet is a strong join. Now I just need to make time in my studio to put this into practice and create some of my own designs.
Luckily I have this worry ring to fiddle with while I sit and ponder my next design.

No comments: