Monday, November 28, 2011

A Class Project

Yesterday I took a class with NC Black here in Tucson.  And I made this etched anticlastic formed bracelet.  This is my second class with Andrea and Les...  and they are superb teachers.  The etching part of this class was based on their experimentation to bring galvanic etching to the home studio....  NO MORE CAUSTIC CHEMICALS!  We etched using a car battery charger, water, a copper plate and cupric sulfate (root kill).  Then we formed the bracelet using the tools that they manufacture back in North Carolina.  You can visit their webiste to learn more...  I love my bracelet and plan to make more.  Yes I bought tools!

1 comment:

My Art and My Soul said...

Hello, Louise. There was so much going on yesterday during class that I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. Yes, it was a wonderful class and yes, I too brought home my bag of new tools. I can't wait for them to return. It was one of the best classes I've ever taken. My friend and I spent all day in Tucson today running from auto shop to Staples to Lowes putting together a kit so we can spend all weekend etching the new and green way. Can't wait to see what else you create and I look forward to meeting you again:O) Cheers and creativity, Sally